And Now it's July
The month of me finally came to an end last night. There will be one bonus excursion of the month of me in October when I attend GayRomLit in New Orleans. But, for now I am back to being another year older. June blew by in a flurry of activity:
- Today the blog is officially one month old.
- I began the first book in a series and the WIP is near 50,000 words.
- I started two short stories, one will be completed and submitted within the next few days, the other will be finished sometime in late July.
- I've set up my own domain, built my website, and organized all of my social media under my name.
- I've joined a writer's group and been so thrilled by the camaraderie and friendship I cannot begin to explain how wonderful that is.
There are probably a dozen or so other mundane things I've left off this list. These are the highlights. Having listed the above I cannot stress enough to new authors how important it is to manage your time wisely and be sure you not just hiding away in your writing hidey-hole. No one will promote you as well as yourself. And always, ALWAYS thank people who help you along the way!
Now I need to close some tabs and share news around the interwebs:
I had a sort of administrative running errands day and then I fell into a crash & burn nap. Now, it's time to get back to writing.