The Ravens Crossing
Months of planning, weekly meetings, and numerous hours of development. And today is the day. February 6, 2012 was set last year for the launch of The Ravens Crossing.
Before I get into explaining what The Ravens Crossing is, I have to thank everyone who is involved in this project. First, my two collaborators on the written content and story development West Thornhill and Amanda Corlies. Next The PA, Poet Rae, for hours and hours of graphic design, coffee making, and handling multiple personalities. Special thanks to our Managing Editor, Jess, who jumped right in with taking on a massive amount of editing. Behind the behind the scenes are various content advisors. All of you have been amazing to work with!
So, without further ado, I am pleased to announce the secret project-- is not secret any longer! Today is the launch of an LGBTQA Young Adult web series: The Ravens Crossing.
What is The Ravens Crossing?
The Ravens Crossing (TRC) is a young adult internet-based, interactive, fantasy series set in a fictional world within a real city. TRC has been in the planning stages since 2011. The Ravens Crossing:
- Written by multiple authors.
- Created with a team of editors, content advisors, artists, and graphic designers of all ages.
- A long term project with an intriguing cast of characters.
- A series of stories involving multiple characters, multiple points of view, and one goal: To tell a continuing tale of extraordinary events.
- Celebrates diversity.
Months of development have been dedicated by the TRC team to create something that has never been seen before on the internet. The building blocks were set into motion during a weekly coffee get-together. From there it took on a life of its own. All of the authors agreed to work in a flash fiction style, limiting each daily episode to 1,000 words or less. TRC will grow, change, and evolve as the stories unfold.
What Can Readers Expect?
Expect the unexpected! Readers can find something new at TRC every day of the week.
- Monday through Saturday: One story each day.
- Sunday: Special content, news, information, and surprises.
- Interactive participation: In time, readers will join in the fun.
- Direct communication: Chat with the team at TRC.
We Welcome You to a New Experience!
Join us in the Wildwood neighborhood where Wildwood Avenue crosses with Ravens Road. Meet the kids at Wildwood High School as they discover what is happening in The Grove. Where studying for the next exam involves more than reading a textbook. Find out who is secretly crushing, who is bold enough to confess, who isn’t ready to commit, and what everyone will have to do to protect Wildwood.
This week we offer you a sneak peek of what can be found on the site.
- Tuesday: Meet the Authors.
- Wednesday: Who’s Who in Wildwood
- Thursday: Discover Iowa City
- Friday: Check Out the Wildwood Neighborhood
- Saturday: Why the Raven?
Next week, the stories begin.